Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Study Journal Covers.

It's my son's birthday and I have a small gift for you. (Isn't it cool how that works out sometimes?) Consider it a "Back to School" special for those of you who follow a traditional school-year calendar.

If you use the type of binders that have clear plastic tops that allow you to slip a piece of paper in the front of your binder, these covers especially work well, but you can use them as a first page in any kind of binder you have. Keep in mind, study journal covers are completely unnecessary (and arguably frivilous)- you don't have to spend the ink to print them, but if you do want a set of covers and don't have the time/desire to make your own, you can use the ones I've uploaded for you here: JOURNAL COVERS.

Just a few notes:

1. I made covers for every course currently available on the site. This includes making covers for all the courses my children themselves didn't/haven't completed, because, obviously, I didn't already have those to share with you and I wanted to create a complete set.

2. All the covers are together in one zip file. I really didn't want to spend the time uploading them individually. There are over 50! (There's even a cover for your Record of Study, as described in the Getting Started portion of the website.)

3. There are two "Art-Drawing" covers because I made different covers for my own children, since they disagreed on which graphic they liked best. Choose whichever you want.

4. The images used in these covers all came from the same royalty-free website that I pay a subscription fee to access. This means you are free to download and use these covers if you like but you cannot reuse the images. Speaking of, these file represent hours of work. They are given away freely here on my site but they should not be repackaged or hosted elsewhere. If you want to share them with friends, please simply point them to the link here. And absolutely - these files are NEVER to be sold in any form. NO EXCEPTIONS!

5. When I print covers for my children, I also include their names and school year info. I have removed that from all the files for you for obvious reasons, but here are two examples of what they would look like with that included: ONE YEAR COURSE EXAMPLE and SEMESTER COURSE EXAMPLE.


If I add any more courses to the site, I will make a new journal cover for it, accordingly. By the way, I'm also adding the link to the covers to the FREE PLANNING FORMS page. That page is a relatively new addition to the site, if you haven't already seen it. It includes blanks calendars of various types, subject planning forms, and even forms you can use for report cards and transcripts.

No comments:

Post a Comment